Can you believe it is already mid-February? I can’t. Our weather has even warmed up at least for the next few days.
I have a pile (10+) of draft posts, but I can’t believe I haven’t got them and the photos together so I could post them. Getting these posts done is one of my projects for this month.
Well, here is a project I worked on this morning so we will start with this. Yesterday I made a stop at the Salvation Army thrift store in the next town. I came home with a Thread Spool organizer (which can hold 72 spools! and it even had 5 new spools of thread inside) for $1.99. As soon as I opened it I could see why someone would get rid of it – the spools came off the posts as soon as you put it up on end or tried to close it. Well, I realized by using my Engineering skills and supplies I had around the house I could make this work a whole lot better than my old way of holding my spools of thread:
Yup – nails on boards which didn’t keep the thread protected from the dust, etc.
So, to fix the problem I used a piece of plastic canvas I had sitting around and some small ponytail holders I had and made removable covers that stay in place when the unit is closed.
My fix is so much better than the way it arrived.
I am so happy to now have a place for my thread and a blog post that is completed 🙂
Hope you all have some fun with friends and family today.
Later – H