I just checked and I have not posted this recipe even though I have made it a few times. So, here it is:
Note: This recipe was originally posted using whole wheat flour at: http://8weekstoabetteryourecipes.blogspot.com/2012/09/banana-bread-8-week-friendly.html
I modified it so it is now Gluten-free
Gluten-free Banana Bread (with honey)
- 2 cups gluten-free flour (without xanthum gum in it)
- ¼ teaspoon xanthum gum
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup sugar free applesauce
- 3/4 cup honey
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 3 mashed overripe bananas
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Lightly grease a 9×5 inch loaf pan (** see note at bottom).
- In a large bowl, combine flour, xanthum gum, baking soda and salt. In a separate bowl, mix together applesauce and honey. Stir in eggs and mashed bananas until well blended. Stir banana mixture into flour mixture; stir just to moisten. Pour batter into prepared loaf pan.
- Bake in preheated oven for 60 to 65 minutes, until a toothpick inserted into center of the loaf comes out clean. Let bread cool in pan for 10 minutes and then turn out onto a wire rack.
** If I make three small (3 inches by 6 inches) pans I cook it for about 35 minutes.
Note: This photo is from a loaf that has been in my refrigerator for a few days – still tastes great and does not fall apart easily.
I just added this recipe to a permanent page under Gluten Free Pages.
Later – H