So, I had someone a couple of months ago tell me to get off Facebook. Their reason was they didn’t want to see what their cousin ate for dinner. I tried to tell her that my friends usually don’t post about that and there was other things on Facebook, but I got ignored.
Then earlier this month someone else told a group of people to get off Facebook. Her reasoning was there wasn’t anything worthwhile on it.
Wrong! At least for me, I have multiple things that I follow on Facebook that are worthwhile.
Here are some of my general examples of the type of pages or groups I follow:
- local fire and weather
- local community events
- garage sales, Facebook Marketplace
- hobbies I am interested in – sewing, etc
- local Zumba instructor’s page – then we know if the class schedule has been changed and so we can learn the meaning of new songs
- new InstaPot, etc recipes
- stores that I frequently go to
- etc, etc
If you looked I am guessing that you would find pages that interest you too.
Also, in the last month I commented on a grocery stores post and ended up winning a $5 gift card. If I hadn’t been on Facebook there would have been no way for me to win the gift card.
So, are you on Facebook?
Later – Heather